Last updated: January 16, 2023
Companial organizes various webinars, seminars, conferences, panel discussions and trainings, both virtual and on-site (‘Events’) to share our expertise and knowledge. This Privacy Notice is intended for you as a participant of these events and provides important information about your personal data processing in relation to your attendance in these events.
If you have further questions about your personal data processing or execution of your rights as a data subject, please, feel free to contact us via email@example.com.
1. WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER?
Your personal data is collected and processed by Companial Group of companies (UAB Companial, Companial B.V. and any other entity of the global group of Companial companies) acting as Data Controllers. Our Group Data Protection Officer is Wouter Abma: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND WHY?
All personal data collected for our events is processed for the following purposes:
- organizing and managing a specific event;
- necessary communication with the participants who have registered for this event (e.g., to send reminders about the upcoming event, to share presentations and/or recordings after the event, to collect feedback after the event, etc.).
For these purposes, we collect your first name and last name, organization, job title, country, email address, and other information indicated on the registration form. If you attend a virtual event, your email address will also be used to provide you with a personalized and secure login to this event.
In addition to supporting your registration, your email address is used for marketing purposes by Companial. This processing is carried out based on our legitimate business interests. Being able to promote our events, products and services to the attendees of our events allows us to develop and grow our business. We do understand that not everyone wishes to receive our updates. You can unsubscribe at any time by following links in any marketing emails we send to you or by emailing email@example.com.
If we serve food at any of our events, we may ask you about possible food allergies or special dietary requirements. This data is used solely for the purposes of catering during the events and the provision of this data is optional. If the data collected on food allergies or special dietary requirements is considered as medical data, the consent you give (Art. 6(1)(a) of the GDPR) in connection with the Art. 9(2)(a) of the GDPR constitute the necessary legal basis for processing of this data. In all other cases, we process this data on the basis of your consent (Art. 6(1)(a) of the GDPR) as the purpose of processing is to make your participation in our events as comfortable as possible.
We are also taking photographs and video material at our events and publish some of them on Companial website and our social network profiles to enhance awareness of our events and to promote our services and our brand. This processing is carried out based on our legitimate business interests. If you are NOT comfortable being photographed/filmed or with any material published containing your image, you can object to such data processing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to respect your choice. You can also object by speaking to the photographer and/or choosing to stand out from the shot if you see that photographs/videos are taken. Companial will keep these images and video material until you object to the processing or until they are no longer required for the above mentioned purposes.
Please note! The broadcast of our events may be recorded. This means that if you comment or ask questions verbally, your video / audio data will be recorded and visible in the recording. If you do not wish this to happen, please participate in the event with your camera switched off and when asking questions / commenting verbally, please indicate only the name of the company you represent and not your first or last name. Please, also note that when connecting to the event, your registration data (your first and last name) will be visible to the participants of this event. If you do not want the participants of this event to identify you, please, submit your initials or your first name only in the registration form.
The recording of this event will be available to the public. It will be published on the websites of Companial and on our social network accounts (LinkedIn, YouTube, Yammer, Facebook and X). The recoding will also be sent to all registered participants irrespective of their attendance of this event.
We record our events and make the recording public in accordance with our legitimate interest to share our expertise and knowledge with the public. This means that we do not ask for your consent to make or publish this recording, but while respecting your privacy, we allow you to participate in the broadcast of our events without identifying yourself to other participants (see the instructions above).
3. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We retain your personal data only for as long as it is necessary. We delete personal data after a reasonable time according to the following retention criteria:
- we retain your personal data for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you (in particular, if you have an account with us or use our services);
- we retain your personal data for as long as needed in order to comply with a legal requirements or contractual obligations to which we are subject to;
- we retain your personal data where this is advisable to safeguard or improve our legal position (for instance in relation to statutes of limitations, litigation, or legal investigations).
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we collect is no longer required in this way, we will destroy, delete or anonymize it in a secure manner.
4. WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO?
Where necessary, we may transfer and/or otherwise disclose your personal data to public authorities and governmental bodies. To the extent necessary to ensure the proper provision of our services we also may share your personal data with our trusted third parties (providers of services): IT and cloud service providers, software, communication, marketing service providers and others.
Any trusted party to whom your personal data are disclosed, are expected and required to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal data and may only use your personal data in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and applicable contractual obligations. We may transfer your personal information to other countries around the world, including countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), which may not have the same data protection laws as those of the country where you access our services. Where we transfer your personal information to countries outside of the EEA, we will take appropriate steps to ensure your personal information is afforded the appropriate level of protection, including adequacy decisions or any adequate data transfer mechanisms adopted by the European Commission or standard contractual clauses (in the absence of an adequacy decision).
5. YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
As a data subject, you may exercise the following rights:
- access your data and be informed about the processing (right of access);
- request rectification of your personal data. This right entitles you to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- in certain cases, request the erasure of your personal data (right “to be forgotten”);
- in certain cases, request restriction of the processing of your personal data. This right entitles you to request that we only process your personal data in limited circumstances;
- in certain cases, exercise the right to data portability;
- object to data processing. This right entitles you to request that we no longer process your personal data;
- lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority in Lithuania or other competent authorities within EU.
If you have further questions about your personal data processing or your rights as a data subject, please feel free to contact us via these contacts: email@example.com.